1. Prevent kidney stones and cleanse the liver.
2. Soothe a sore throat and rehydrate faster than water alone.
3. Aids in digestion. Stimulate your digestive by starting your day with water with lemon.
4. Balance pH: While lemons may seem quite acidic, they’re a surprisingly good source of an alkaline food that can help balance your body’s pH.
5. Acne: Lemon contains citric acid, which can be effective in treating acne. Its alkaline nature kills some types of bacteria known to cause acne.
6. proven antibacterial and antiviral properties of lemons can accelerate the healing process in the case of cankers.
7. Canker Sores: the proven antibacterial and antiviral properties of lemons can accelerate the healing process in the case of cankers.
8. Rich in vitamin C and potassium (80mg per lemon) citric acid, calcium, magnesium, bioflavonoids, pectin, and limonene. ALl things that promote immunity and fight infection.
9. Lemon oil also seems to be able to stimulate brain activity so whenever you feel tired for no reason or are finding it hard to focus or concentrate, add 4 drops of lemon oil to a water-filled aromatherapy lamp, or drink a glass of lemon water every few hours.
10. Support weight loss: lemon juice contains pectin, a soluble fiber that has been shown to aid in weight-loss struggles.
11. Lemons can help freshen breath after consuming certain spices, alcohol, cigarettes, or bad breath that is caused by insufficient salivation.
12. Lemons have anti-oxidants and other anti-cancer properties. The standard American diet and our environment itself is full of free-radicals that wreak havoc on your insides. Free-radicals can “rust” your internal organs in the same way oxidization rusts metal. The lemon juice benefits come from the anti-oxidants contained in them. This counteracts the free-radicals that are coursing through your bloodstream. This helps your organs fight back and prevents this rusting.
To make it even easier, check out this inexpensive lemon juicer. It is a great, easy way to get more lemon juice in your diet.