If you like to can you know how hard it is to find a place to store all the empty jars you will need later. If you have an arch leading into your kitchen, there is a simple answer to store lots of jars in a decorative way that is easy to access.
By purchasing a primed 1″x6″x8′ board at your local home store for around $10, and two L brackets, you can create a simple shelf and easily store two dozen jars or more in a completely unused space.
1. Measure the molding on the top of your shelf. Mine was 77″
2. Choose a 6″ wide board, have the home store cut your board to the size you need.
3. Chose decorative shelf supports or plain L brackets. I used the plain brackets.
4. Find the studs in your wall.
5. Screw the brackets into the studs.
6. Place your shelf, screw the other side of the L-bracket into the shelf.
and you are done! Decorate with your empty jars and enjoy the space you’ve saved!